Wednesday, November 10, 2010

November 5th Animal Kingdom and Dinner at Epcot

Today we had a lot to do so we had to get up and going early to get it in. We planned to finish the stuff we missed at Animal Kingdom today and that was a lot of show and walking paths as well as another shot at the Safari. We went the oppisite way this time and did Festival of the Lion King first. This is one of my very very faovorite shows at the park and I would have been so sad if we missed it. It was great as expectd. After that we headed to the Kilamanjaro Safaris. It was good and bad for viewing as is pretty normal . We saw a glimpse of zebra but lots of gators out today. So it hit and miss but good overall. Then it was time to head to the Maharajah jungle trek because we skipped it the first day. Alex loves this park becuase they have soooo many birds to look at. We saw the tigers and the other animals then he got his bird chart and we sat on the bench while he searched out the birds he wanted to see. He was pretty pleased with the results and then we where on our way. Next stop another trip on Everest. Jason got a shirt when we where done and Alex got a yeti shaped like a stuffed ball. He loves it.. lol. Then we headed over to Finding Nemo the musical and waited for the show to start. We enjoyed that as well. Had pretty good seating and where impressed with how much we didn't notice the people. After it was over we headed out to the exit and made our way back to Pop. We hung at pop for a few hours before heading out to Epcot for our dinner at Teppan Edo. This was one the guys where both really looking forward to but to be honest I felt so bad at this point from falling that I almost sent them on ahead. Jason coviced me to rent a wheelchair and he pushed me to the restaurant for dinner and back again when we where done. So glad he did because I really don't think I would have made it otherwise. Now this meal was pretty neat but we all agree we wouldn't do it again. The amount of food per person just wasn't there for us since we don't really like the veggies they served ( squash and mushrooms) So when we where done we headed out and stopped at pop for some more food.. Only to see the couple who sat next to us at Dinner right there next to us at the Pop food court eating their second dinner too. Lol.. Glad to know it wasn't just us.. The dinner was great for the experience though and I am glad we did it.
Overall a really good day. Legs where still killing me and my feet are so swollen that I can only wear my ugly mickey crocs.. but I am making it. The wheelchair was well worth the 12$ .

No comments: